Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home Sweet Homes?


I go from my home in Fayetteville to having several places to call home. My youngest daughter and husband are purchasing a one room prebuilt cabin. It will be set up next to their home for me. It will be my own little home to decorate and live in. My middle daughter and husband are asking me what plans I like so they can build me a mother in law cottage on their property. I can decorate and live there. My oldest daughter already has a mother in law house but she and her hubby are redoing the roof and some remodeling. Its there for me anytime I want to go there (Tennessee) Its nice knowing I have 3 homes to stay in and not worry about disrupting their households. I can be near each one yet be in my own space. I have been looking at cabin photos online today. Dreaming about decor and placement of furniture. Its nice to have something to dream about. Not sure what the future holds for me but am blessed to have home sweet homes near my wonderful daughters and families.
Yesterday I went out to lunch with middle daughter, son in law and granddaughter. Tonight I went out to dinner with oldest daughter and family, and middle daughter and family. It was lots of fun and laughter. Youngest daughter is at beach with family while I puppy sit. The puppy is so spoiled I think I am in trouble when they get back. LOL
Have a blessed weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Peggy. That's the cutest little cabin I've seen. Don't you love looking at the different styles and imagining how to decorate etc. How blessed you are to have a special place at the home of all three children.

melissa said...

I'm so grateful that you have loving daughters (and sons in law). It's obvious that you're a wonderful mom to them. To lean on somebody is a great thing, isn't it?

amelia said...

I LOVE that cabin!! I think everyone needs one of these to escape to!
You are truly blessed Peggy to have such great kids but they wouldn't be so great and love you so much if you hadn't done right by them in the first place!!

Marci said...

Oh Peggy, I am thrilled for you. The cabin is adorable and will be a snug little nest for you!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Peggy, Your girls are just so special, aren't they???? Glad you will have a 'home' with each other them --when you want it. They all just want the best for you.

Have a good time spoiling that doggie!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

wow, yiou have some wonderful daughters and SIL's. I know you, and you are counting your blessings.

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

How very special! That says alot about you as a mother in that your daughters want to have you nearby....I think that is so great!

Have fun choosing your decor!

~Beth

Carole Burant said...

Can I move into that little cabin with you???? hehe It's so delightful and you will have so much fun decorating it. You're very blessed to have such a loving family surrounding you and helping you out while you adjust to your new life. xoxo

Juli said...

If you do visit in Ten. please let me know and I will do everything I can to come see you :)

The cabin is wonderful ! I love those little things and it's probably not a lot bigger than the Burrow :)

Lucy and Ethel said...

Just found you thru Mind of a Mom. Where are you in the mountains of NC? We're in Jefferson, near Boone and Joanna!

The cabin is adorable!!! I'm eager to learn more about it. We have a rental cabin (http://angel-mountain-cabin.com) and have toyed at times with the idea of getting another one. It would help to have money, but it (usually) doesn't cost to dream.

Will have bookmark your blog to read more as soon as I have a chance!

Helen/'Lucy'