Saturday, August 1, 2009

Its been a busy week and weekend. Finished helping Megan with the inside remodeling. Next week we are planting trees and moving flower beds so they can build a front porch. Helped Melody and her family today finish stacking the split firewood and worked on the grandsons building. Did a few loads of laundry and enjoyed a pizza supper with the grands. Diva and the other goats all went to their new home today. Rowdy the guard dog went with them. I am glad as he would have grieved being away from the baby goats. Its sad but they are going to a loving home with lots more room to run and graze. Many have asked why I am no longer at the homestead. My husband and I have separated. Its a long private story but I am back where I grew up and also raised my daughters. I have come home to my mountains and though things are sad and hard each day God gives me many blessings I am thankful for. Hope you have a blessed weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy, I know it's been a sad day knowing that your beloved pets are moving to a new home but aren't you blessed that they have a loving home and lots of room to go to? You won't have to worry about their welfare which is some consolation. You are very blessed also to have children and grands to share life with. I know you have heartache now but the love that you gave to your children all those years ago has come full circle and now they and their children are returning that same love. I know some days are harder than others. I hope it helps to know you have a lot of blog friends who love you and pray that God will again give you peace and joy. I am so sorry for your pain.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

You always wrote in such a loving way about William and I'm so sorry about the separation. Sounds like you are communicating, and keeping up with the animals. Take care Peggy.

amelia said...

It's good for you to know that Diva and company are going to a good and loving home. At least it will give your heart some ease. Also that you have said they have more room, that's always good too.
I pray that your heart finds some solace and rest soon.

Connie said...

Dear Peggy,
Haven been gone for 10 days on a short vacation. I am so happy to hear that you will have several "cottages" to decorate and that you are feeling a little better. I have missed not being able to read your blog.

Sending you (((((((((hugs))))))))))) and lifting you up in prayer.

Hugs,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what had happened but would not ask. I am so sorry for all you are going thru. I am thinking of you and proud of how you are handling everything. Even in your hard times you are being a uplifting positive blessing to other. Wishing you many blessings

Barbara

DayPhoto said...

Peggy, please know that you are a blessing to each of us. You are showing what an amazing woman you are, and setting an example for all to follow! Our hearts are with you!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Marian (Miz) said...

Pwggy, I just found your new blog. What can I say, Lady....you are an inspiration. You seem to have found the answer to life's dilemma...keeping busy. My very best to you.