Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TV Remote

Now where do you think you would find a missing tv remote? Not under or in the sofa. Not in the bathroom or kitchen. Not in the bedroom or under the bed. Not in the car or in the yard. Of course, its at the football practice field! When I told the grandson it was time to go to practice he turned off the tv and we left. I saw he had his helmet and pads in his hands but never noticed the remote. After we got home and his parents were searching for the remote granddaughter remembered seeing a remote that looked just like theirs beside the playing field where the players put on their pads and helmets. Megan and I drove back to the field hoping it wasn't locked up and with the help of the car headlights was able to find the remote. Grandson was in such a hurry he didn't put the remote down after turning off tv and didn't even think about the remote in his hand when he got ready to go on the field for practice. So if you ever loose your remote don't forget to check the practice field.

13 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

That sounds just like something my TV loving son would have done . So glad you were able to find it.
So are you building a cabin of your own?You had talked about decorating it so I took it as being yours.I know it will be beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! It reminds me of the time I fell down a flight of steps holding my toothbrush and when I finally got stopped, I was still grasping that toothbrush!!!
You are fortunate that the remote was still there!!!

Barbara said...

Peggy..darling story, of course, I know you didn't think so cute while searching for the remote. I love the sound of the water and the birds.

I need to go back and read about you building a cabin.

Barbara said...

You did have a busy week and I am sorry I have been so long in coming by...I never seem to have enough time, but I am anxious to see the new cabin and I know you are thrille.
Peg, you sound like a completely different person now and I think you are truly happy.
God Bless you.

Barbara, again

Linda Foley said...

Oh that is so funny Peggy - I thought you were going to say it was in the fridge... lol

Sharon said...

I am glad that you got the remote back,how funny, but not at the time I'll bet.
Great photos of the family fun time and football.
I can't wait to hear more about the cabin.'I loved the photo of the bear sign.
Glad that the grands are all back on the mend.
God bless

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy!

Good to see you blogging again! I have a new blog: http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

Amy

Anonymous said...

It does sound like the spot for a remote control! That is so funny.
I was looking all around for a recipe I had cut out of the Ga. market bulletin, found it in the oddest place. The recipe box.

Have a great day.
Pam

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I usually find my remote by the telephone. I turn the TV off as I go to answer the phone.

Your grandson needs to focus on being in the present. It seems he was already at the football field when he turned off the TV.

Marian (Miz) said...

LOL. Now if you could just find my glasses...Any of the three pair I've lost over the summer will be fine. Wish I was just kidding. Believe me, I know how silly he must have felt.

And I loved the balloon game. Nothing like being a kid again.

Marian

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We can't even keep up with our remotes ---just when George and I are in the house. I think they 'walk away' just to upset me.... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

amelia said...

That's so funny but so typical!! Especially of youngsters with other things on their minds!!

Carole Burant said...

ROFL...imagine finding the remote at the practice field! That is too funny!! No doubt he won't be allowed to handle the remote at all from now on! LOL xoxo