Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rain or Ice?

The weathermen can't agree on what we will get. Some say just rain others say freezing rain, sleet and snow mix tonight with same tomorrow and snow Saturday. I will just have to wait and see. Really hoping for more snow and winter weather. Afterall its still winter. :)

I took Rusty with me when I cleaned at Dianne's today. He use to be her dog and she loves for him to visit. She wanted me to meet her neighbors and see their joint farm animals so I left Rusty inside while we went to visit. Poor guy thought I was giving him back I guess because when we came back inside he went crazy barking and would not leave my side while I finished cleaning. The neighbors want me to help feed their goats, cows, horses, chickens when they go on vacation. I am excited about that. Really enjoyed giving the goats treats and the smell of the farm. Their 96 yr old grandparents live in the upper part of their home and they also want to start cleaning for them as they are able to do much for themselves. Getting more work is a good thing!

Melody called me to pick up Granddaughter H from school as she is very sick. I was miles out cleaning and unable to but her Pappy Steve picked her up and took her to the doctor. Joseph is getting off work and meeting them at home to take care of her. Hope its not something that the whole family will get. Melody has her hands full with 7 kids, work, and school.

Dianne gave me some potatoes that came from a friend of hers garden. I think I am going to make a pot of potato soup. She also gave me some overripe bananas that will find their way into banana bread this afternoon. With Melody freezing her leftovers for me, Megan inviting me to eat with her family and garden gifts from friends I am averaging around $25 dollars every two weeks on groceries for Rusty, Troubles and myself. There is always plenty in the pantry and fridge. God is good!

Its almost time to pick up the grands from school. I get to give them their chore list for the day so won't be their favorite person. They are good about doing their chores though. They have a Valentine dance coming up next week that has them excited. I heard them ask Megan not to be at this one which made me remember when the girls were young they loved me taking part in things until they were about 10  or 11 and then they wanted me to drop them off at things. They didn't want me to get out of the car, call out to them as they walked away from the car or come inside when I picked them up. Now my girls are dealing with the same thing. Makes me smile.

Rusty is looking at me with eyeballs floating so think I had better take him out to potty before picking up the grands. Have a blessed day! The snow photos were taken 20 minutes after it started snowing last Thursday. Within a hour we had 3inches and ended up with a total of 9 inches not counting the ice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy,
We are suppose to have a cold rain down this way starting tonight. No snow though.I haven't seen one in years!
I hope your granddaughter is feeling better.
The potato soup sounds just right for tonight. I was thinking of making the same thing!

Have a great day.
Pam

Brenda Eason said...

I wish this rain would freeze..it would make me feel better. I hate all this mush.
So happy you are finding jobs that you like.

Sharon said...

Prayers for your granddaughter.
We are getting a little of both. It rains for awhile and then it turns to snow. It is suppose to be all snow by this evening and going into Sunday. I am really hating this:(

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I'm already tired of the winter weather we have been getting here in the Piedmont area of NC!! While I love snow and it's beauty, and for that matter, ice that has covered trees, etc...I hate what it does to everything, basically cripples all of us as far a getting out and about! I do hope it will just be rain and no ice!

Hope your granddaughter is better!

~Beth

Kelly said...

Peggy, I think you have gotten more snow than we have. We had a big rain the other day and that washed alot of snow away. I hope your granddaughter is feeling better. Purel everyone. I don't know if it really helps but it sure does heal cuts on your hands fast. LOL Take care.
Kelly

amelia said...

Your life sounds really busy and getting busier by the day!!