Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sunny Wednesday

What a beautiful day! There is snow in some spots and lots of mud everywhere but the sun is shining and its suppose to get up to 45F. The weatherman has changed our snow for Thursday and Friday to rain and sleet. They are still calling for snow Saturday so I will keep my fingers crossed. Laundry is done, cabin is cleaned and pantry is stocked so I am ready.
Yesterday Megan and I went to a thriftstore during her lunch break. I lucked up on recent magazine issues. Got Southern Living, Ladies Home Journal, Readers Digest and Taste of Home for January and Feb for only 10cents each. Found a nice wooden shelf for $2.00 and a pair of snow pants for a dollar. Megan then took me by Mickey D's for lunch. We had a fun time before dropping her back off at work. I was blessed even more by being invited to have supper with her and the family. Nice steak, baked potato, and corn on the cob. It was a very delicious meal! Rusty was in heaven as Brian gave him the bone from his steak. I got to listen to him chew on it during the night. Rusty brought the bone to bed with him and everytime he woke up he would chew on it to make sure it was still there and growl at Troubles if he even looked at it.
I hung up my first bird feeder at the cabin. Now I am waiting impatiently for the birds to find it. I want to get another one for the other side of the porch and later a couple of humming bird feeders. I have been looking at seed catalogs and dreaming about what to plant around the cabin to attract birds. Dreaming is all I am doing at the moment as I don't won't to give up on winter yet. I am hoping for a few more snowfalls.
Melody and family finally got their power back on. They had a power pole break in half with the transformer and wires ending up on the ground for days. A big tree fell on their boat too. There was over 10,000 without power including the hospital which had to use their generators but now according to the radio there is only 32 homes without. They set up one of the schools as a shelter for those without heat. Melody and Megan both have woodstoves so we all stayed warm. Brian brought out the camping stove and lanterns and we did just fine. Maybe this will get families thinking and getting prepared for future outages.
Baby E is laughing and smiling all the time. Melody has her spoiled (like non of the rest of us had anything to do with it). We took some cute pictures I added to this post. Her brother Jonathan is now with Melody also. Megan got to keep him and Grandson Z for a few days during the power outage. We all spoiled Jonathan and didn't want to let him go back home. We made Melody promise he could come visit one day a week. I will have to take photos next time. I was too busy playing with him to even think of pictures.
 I have several stitching projects I am working on thanks to some sweet blog friends. I am also knitting again. I've started out slow though by knitting dish cloths till I get my groove back. Then I will move on to bigger projects.
Life at the tiny cabin is going smoothly. Each day finds me rearranging, adding something, doing some project to make it even more homey. I try not to worry about the past life as thats what it is... the past. I have no idea what the future holds but I sure am blessed in the here and now and am very thankful. Now go count your blessings!

8 comments:

Marci said...

She is adorable. Thanks for the pictures.

Sounds like life is settling a bit for you. Big hugs from Ohio!!!

Lib said...

Hi Peggy,
What Precious Pix.!
You're so right ,we have to let go of the past and move forward,altho it is not always easy to do!
Sounds like ya'll had fun durning the snow!
I wish more people could enjoy the Simple side of life! And Families come together more!:o)
Hope you have a great wk!
Have a warm and cozy day!
Blessins',Lib

Sharon said...

She is so adorable.
I have been looking at mags and dreaming about what I want to plant.I need to have a lot of serious melting here first tho.
We are having freezing fog and snow warnings again today.
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jerri said...

Congratulations on picking up those knitting needles! It sounds like you have a great day at the thrift shop...what a nice collection of magazines you got. God bless and have a great day....Jerri

DayPhoto said...

Those photos are just plain darling. I'm glad life is settling down for you and that you are knitting again. I had to give up any kind of handwork as my hands are just too crippled.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, sis, it's no wonder you so love babysitting her when you can, she's absolutely adorable!! It's not hard work at all spoiling a baby, is it! lol Sounds like you've had quite the excitement over there with the power outage and all but thank goodness your daughters have the wood stoves. As you say, so many people are just not prepared for things like that to happen. Great finds at the thrift shop, especially the magazines!! Love you sis. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy, It tickled me so to hear about Rusty with his nighttime bone and growling at Troubles! That sounds very familiar to me! Your cabin and the bird feeders sound very homey/comforting. A nice place to enjoy being with your pets and close to family. It always lifts my spirits to watch the birds at the feeders. If you get a chance to buy some black eyed Susan plants, the goldfinches enjoy them and they are easy plants to grow/manage. Baby E is so petite and sweet. She would lift my spirits with her sweet face. I love to shop at Goodwill for inexpensive magazines and cookbooks. Taste of Home mags always have recipes that I love. Glad you are knitting again - can't wait to see some of your dish cloths. Hope you get that one more good snow you are looking for! Sleep tight!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Peggy, That baby is precious. I know why you love keeping her so much!!! She's a cutie!!!!

Glad things are going so well with you, Peggy. I'm happy for you.

Hope you don't get the ICE this weekend. We are only supposed to get rain --and then maybe some flurries. That's it--but there's another system coming Tuesday I think.

Have fun with that baby.
Hugs,
Betsy