Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowy Wednesday

After those few 60 degree sunny days I am watching for the first snowflake to start falling. Snow is predicted for today, tonight and in the morning. Of course I am excited. Snow no matter how little is beautiful and peaceful. I was going to go back to the cabin today but think I will stick around here at Melody's and go tomorrow. The gutter people got the new gutters up on Melody's house yesterday. I fixed chicken, brown rice, green beans and biscuits for supper. Was fun listening to all the grands chatter while they ate. I love how they get up from the table and wash their own plates, cups, etc. With that many kids Melody and Joseph were smart to have them do that. I got to play with Baby E and rock her to sleep. She is cooing and laughing so much these days. Brother J is ball crazy. He loves to throw balls for you to catch and throw back. He catches really well you just have to make sure you see the ball coming when he throws. He has caught me by surprise a few times. It turned cold last night so I cleaned out Joseph's woodstove and built a fire. The house was and is nice and toasty. Rusty is having fun with BoBo. He is Melody's dashund and has much more energy that Rusty. Things are kinda quiet here this morning with everyone off to school and work. Think I will do a load of Melody's laundry and straighten up a little. Hope you are having a blessed day!

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time visiting and playing with the grands. Best times of life. Have fun. Hugs, Marty

Kelly said...

You seem to be having wonderful time and I know Melody is so happy to have you around, not just for love but the helping hand you give. Doing things when they aren't asked for is a God send. Can you come live with us? No, Melody and your family would definitely miss you.
Kelly

Marci said...

Sounds like a cozy way to ride out the snow. :)

Carole Burant said...

I hope you got the snow you wanted, sis! We had a bit fall last night but it was the strong winds that made it look worse. I'm loving how you're enjoying your family and I have no doubt they love having you around:-) xoxo