Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowy Monday

With snow falling I am looking forward to finish reading my book. I purchased it at a thriftstore for 50 cents and what a bargain it has turned out to be. Going Home by George C. Roche III stirs up memories within yourself as you eagerly turn the pages. Though its written about his life, his homeplace, and his family and friends he wrote it as a fiction to change names, etc. to protect his family and friends privacy. He left his mountain home and made a very good living in New York. One summer he told his partners he was taking the summer off and traveled back to the old homeplace. The cabin was falling apart since no one had lived there in many years but he spent his summer repairing the place and finding out he didn't want to leave. He told his partners he wouldn't be back and settled in the cabin way up on the mountain miles from town as winter set in. I am anxious to read more of the memories he shares and the adventures he is having.
Also while the snow is on the ground its been a good time to look through seed catalogs. If you find you don't have enough here are some sites you can click on to order free seed and garden  catalogs.
Burpee
Plow and Hearth
Gardner's Supply Co.
Park Seed
Pepper Joe's
Seed's of Change
Thompson and Morgan
Wildseed Farms
Harris Seed
Henry Fields
Organic Gardening
Johnny Seeds from Living off-grid at Maple Valley Farms This homemaker Ang's blog and they are now selling seeds for Johnny Seeds

Well off for a short walk then its back to finish my book. Have a very blessed Monday everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect book for the kind of weather you are experiencing. I guess Rusty is having fun on his walks this morning! Stay cozy and enjoy the snowfall.

amelia said...

I love to read but am always so sad when I come to the end of a good book!!!
I hope you enjoy the end of yours!!

Jerri said...

Your book sounds interesting. I just started Coop by Michael Perry. It's about moving to a farm and raising chickens and pigs.....can't wait to read more.

Jerri

Linda Foley said...

Peggy, didn't you always say you loved the snow? Looks like you are getting your wish for it this year! Enjoy!

Sharon said...

It was a good weekend to be inside and just read a good book.
It does sound like a very interesting book. I will have to look for it.
Thanks for sharing.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

The book sounds interesting. It could be my kind of book.

JoyceAnn said...

That book does sound like a good read , enjoy your walk and the snow.


~ Many Blessings ~

The Mind of a Mom said...

I have not had time not read anything lately, I think I need to have some me time soon! I hope you enjoyed yours

Barbara said...

Peggy, Sounds like a great book and an equally great day. Hope all is well with you and each day brings only good things.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

oh this post makes me want to hibernate and read!